The following is only needed when a domain server is present and the user running the TruCheck application is a domain user (NOT needed for local users).
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the ‘C:\ProgramData’ folder (Vista/7) or the ‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data’ folder (Windows XP).
- Right-click on the ‘Webscan Inc’ folder and click on properties.
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab and click on ‘Edit’.
- Add either the group ‘Domain Users’ or the users that will be using the TruCheck Application.
- Provide read/write permissions for the newly added group or users
In addition to this, the Shortcut which is created on the desktop might not work for the domain users. To correct this problem you must go into the Program Files directory and find the TruCheck.exe and create a new shortcut by “send to Desktop (create shortcut)”.